See The Flyer for a detailed schedule of events.
Thanks to the Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo Flood Control Authority (AMAFCA) for allowing us access to this great venue. Without these sponsors – New Mexico Bank and Trust, Albuquerque West Properties and Indian Motorcycles of Albuquerque – the series would not be possible. Elevate PHW has generously donated raffle items for the race. Specialized Bicycles has supplied thousands of feet of course tape.
RACE STATUS: USA Cycling Permit 2017-2661 Approved / Registration Open
YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Course Change: The course, slightly modified from 2016, retains its spectator friendly appeal; the entire course is visible from the dam and has numerous heckling and hand-up locations. For racers the new configuration provides more challenging climbing and slightly more distance.
- Prizes for Best Dressed Elves: Awards will be given to the best dressed male and female elf. Spectators and racers are eligible. C’ Mon man. It’s CX and all about having fun!
- Supporting New Mexico Animal Friends: New Mexico Animal Friends will be on-site race day. Come by NMAFs booth to learn about their mission and needs.
- Sweet Bad Santa Swag: Be one of the top three finishers in any category and receive one of these handmade Bad Santa CX ornaments.
Raffles for prizes will be held during the race. Racers, insure you pickup your free raffle ticket at the registration table. See The Flyer for more prize information.
- Race Status Updates: If required, last minute changes to the race schedule – such as start time updates due to inclement weather or other factors – will be communicated through this web page, the racers email list and email addresses supplied to USA Cycling during early registration. Check these sources frequently for updates.
Or Just Read The Flyer
See The Flyer for event start times.
- Register on-line through USA Cycling. Costs for early registration are $15 for juniors/collegiate racers and $30 for adults.
- Online registration closes Friday November 3rd, 2017 at 10 pm.
- Race-day registration starts at 9:00 am. Add a $10 late fee.
- One-day licenses available on-line or on-site for Cat 5 men/women only. Cost is $10.
- Registration closes 15 minutes prior to the start of each race.
- Cat 1 and 2 may race their age category. However, prizes and podiums are only available to category 3, 4 or 5 in age category races;
- Based upon the number of participants classes may be combined for race-day awards. However, series points will be applied separately, according to NMCX series award categories.
The approximately 1.4 mile course traverses gnarly asphalt, hard-packed dirt and sandpits. Two climbs are included on the course; a gradual looping climb and a short obnoxious climb that will have your legs asking you … why? No. We didn’t forget the barriers or run-up.
The course is perfect for spectators as friends and family can sit atop the dam and have a complete view of the race course. Plenty of room for heckling and hand-ups.
Course Disclaimer: The actual course may be modified from that shown on the course map. Race-day conditions will dictate the actual course. Major components of the course such as the climbs, pit, run-up and barrier locations should not change.
North Domingo Baca Dam is located in the northeast corner of the intersection of Paseo del Norte and Eubank Blvd. From Paseo del Norte turn north on to Eubank Blvd. and travel 0.15 mile north. Entrance to the venue is located on the east side of Eubank Blvd. Drive through the blue gates.
- Park inside venue only. Do not park on or along Eubank Blvd or at Altamont Little League fields
The race may be cancelled or delayed because of dangerous weather conditions or unforeseen events. No refunds.